Call for Action: Protect the Mortgage Interest and Property Tax Deductions
You have no doubt heard about tax reform plans from Washington, DC. Now Congress is threatening tax incentives for homeowners, like the mortgage interest deduction and the state and local property tax deduction. These incentives are critical for a strong housing market that creates jobs and builds stable communities. Do not let tax reform become a tax increase for middle class homeowners.
Homeownership is the bedrock of our industry and we need to make sure any tax reform legislation protects middle class homeowners.
- Did you know that American homeowners already pay 83% of all federal income taxes?
- Did you know that some of the tax reforms under discussion could result in a drop of more than 10% in home values?
- Did you know that after the 1986 Tax Reform Act property values in the commercial sector dropped significantly, negatively impacting state and local tax revenue?
- Did you know that home-owning families with incomes from $50,000 to $200,000 could face average tax hikes of $815 in the year after enactment?
Help Kentucky reach a 20% response rate so our voice is heard on this important issue
- Click here for the CFA Toolkit
- Click here for the tax reform poster
- Click here for the banner ad
- Click here for the photo frame to include around your picture after you take action & SM share links
- Click here to find out how Kentucky is doing compared to other states
- Click here to find out how your local association is doing compared to others in Kentucky
Sign up for REALTOR Party Mobile Alerts
Sign up for REALTOR Party Mobile Alerts and take action on important issues facing real estate. Mobile alerts come to your mobile phone and only take a second to respond. These matter to legislators when dealing with issues like MID, flood insurance and more. Text REALTORS to 30644.
BONUS: If you sign up for mobile alerts now through November 30, you will be entered into a drawing for a $500 Amazon gift card.