Kentucky REALTORS® is proud to be working with the REALTOR® Relief Fund at the National Association of REALTORS® to make $1.5 million in Disaster Relief Assistance available to residents of Kentucky that were affected by the storms/tornadoes in December 2021.
Please fill out the relief application form and return it (along with the requested documents) to Kentucky REALTORS® (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be considered for assistance. The recipient must be a full-time KY resident and U.S. citizen or legally admitted for residence in the United States.
Assistance is available to qualified applicants towards one of the following options:
1) Monthly mortgage expense for the primary residence that was damaged by the Disaster or;
2) Rental cost due to displacement from the primary residence resulting from the Disaster.
Relief assistance is limited to a maximum of $3,000 per household. Further details are available on the application itself which can be downloaded at the link below. Any inquires may be addressed to Kentucky REALTORS® at 859-263-7377 or by email at email@example.com.
Please note this assistance is for housing relief only; other expenses including second mortgages, vehicle purchase, rental, repair, and or mileage are ineligible for reimbursement under this program.
Kentucky REALTORS® Disaster Relief Fund
At this time, we are asking any individuals or organizations who wish to contribute to Kentucky REALTORS® Disaster Relief to direct funds to the REALTOR® Community Housing Foundation created by the Lexington-Bluegrass Association of REALTORS®. This foundation will manage the funds while a foundation is developed within KYR to collect and manage the contributions. All checks should mention "Kentucky REALTORS® Disaster Relief" in the memo line, or you can verbally mention it if donating by phone.
RCHF at 859.276.2693.
RCHF by mail:
RCHF - 2250 Regency Road, Lexington, 40503 (Just note on the check it is for Tornado Relief)
How to Help Individual Communities
- Visit the Bowling Green Chamber's Tornado Recovery Resources page
- Visit the Murray Chamber's Western Kentucky Tornado Resources page
Important Resources for Those Impacted
- Find out what government-provided resources are available during the state of emergency, visit www.disasterassistance.gov.
- Learn how the IRS has extended the 2021 tax-filing deadline and other deadlines to May 16
- Read the U.S. Chamber Foundation Small Business Recovery Guide
- Download the U.S. Chamber Foundation Local Chamber Recovery Guide