Registration closed 2/18/2018
GRI 200: Risk Reduction (webinar)
Course CreditGRI 200: Risk Reduction (Webinar)
6.00 CE hours
3.00 law hours
8.00 GRI hours
Wednesday February 21, 2018
8:00 am–5:00 pm
Connection information will be provided via email a few days prior to the class date.
GRI 200: Risk Reduction (webinar) - Virginia Lawson
The course covers federal and state laws relating to agency, property condition disclosure, anti-trust, fair housing, lead-base paint disclosure, errors and omissions insurance, and other risk-reduction issues. Also covered are other disclosure issues that can be prevalent in transactions such as home inspections, insect infestations and stigmatized property.
CE - 6 hours (3 law)
GRI - 8 hours
Broker - 8 hours
- 2 Agency
- 3 Fair Housing
- 2 Risk Management
- 1 Disclosure
WEBINAR STUDENT REQUIREMENTS
- Webinar students are required to follow the same KREC procedures and policies as a student attending a classroom session.
- The webinar policies and procedures are located here
- The class begins promptly at 8:00 am. The virtual classroom will be open at 7:30 am. Plan to login prior to class starting to ensure all required equipment is working properly.
- The virtual classroom closes at 8:10 am, following KREC rules. There will be 10 minute breaks every hour.
- Once registered, you will receive an email order confirmation. 1-2 days prior to the start of class you will receive an invite to attend the class, as well as login information, the procedures and policies handbook and student handouts.
- At the end of the session, as long as all requirements were followed. You will be emailed a link to access the evaluation and affidavit form. The email will be sent at 4:00 pm EST. To obtain full credit for the class, you must complete the affidavit and evaluation form by 5:30 pm EST
** Review the Webinar Procedures and Policies and the System requirements below to determine if this is the best option for you. If you are confused by any of the system requirements, please contact 1-888-799-9666 and select option 2 or go to this website (https://zoom.us/) and click on the chat button located on the bottom right hand corner.
Click here to view the course cancellation/transfer policy
WEBINAR SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card|
SUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEMS
- Mac OS X with MacOS 10.7 or later
- MacOS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) with limited functionality (Zoom version 3.6)
- Windows 7, 8 or 8.1, and 10
- Windows Vista with SP1 or later
- Windows XP with SP3 or later
- Ubuntu 12.04 or higher
- Mint 17.1 or higher
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 or higher
- Oracle Linux 6.4 or higher
- CentOS 6.4 or higher
- Fedora 21 or higher
- OpenSUSE 13.2 or higher
- ArchLinux (64-bit only)
SUPPORTED TABLET & MOBILE DEVICES
- Surface PRO 2 running Win 8.1
- Surface PRO 3 running Win 10
- iOS and Android devices
- Blackberry devices
- Windows: IE7+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari5+
- Mac: Safari5+, Firefox, Chrome
- Linux: Firefox, Chrome
PROCESSOR AND RAM REQUIREMENTS
- Processor: Single Core 1Ghz or Higher
- RAM: n/a
- Processor: Dual Core 2Ghz or Higher (i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent)
- RAM: 4Gb
Note: Linux requires a processor or graphics card that can support OpenGL 2.0 or higher
- For 1:1 video calling: 600kbps (up/down) for HQ video and 1.2 Mbps (up/down) for HD video
- For audio VoiP: 60-80kbps
Virginia “Ginny” Lawson has been a practicing attorney since 1984. She has taught real estate pre-license and continuing education classes since 1981 for many providers including colleges, universities and proprietary schools. Ginny earned her bachelor’s degree in real estate from Eastern Kentucky University and her juris doctorate from the University of Louisville. Although Ginny has practiced in numerous areas of the law, her focus has always been real estate law. Part of her practice deals with handling cases assigned to her by the errors and omissions insurance carriers that hire her to defend real estate agents who have had lawsuits and KREC complaints filed against them. Many of her classes deal with the issues that have arisen in those cases, because it seems that the same issued keep coming up over and over. Ginny has authored five books, including Kentucky Real Estate Law, Sales Contracts for the Real Estate Professional, AMP Real Estate Exam Preparation, Kentucky Real Estate License Law Tutorial, and Law of Agency. She has written numerous articles that have been published in newspapers, newsletters, professional journals, and trade publications.
|Audit Early Bird||$59.00|
|Standard Registration Fee||$119.00|
You may cancel your registration online. Depending on the date you cancel, you may not receive a full refund and/or may incur a cancellation fee. See the table below for details.
|Cancel On or Before||Refund||Cancellation Fee|
|Cancellations are NOT allowed after 2/18/2018|
Exceptions to this policy due to extenuating circumstances may be made at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer. Please contact us if you need to cancel because of a special situation.
No downloads have been added for this class.