GRI 100: Ethics & Law (webinar)
Course CreditGRI 100: Ethics & Law (webinar)
6.00 CE hours
3.00 law hours
8.00 GRI hours
Code of Ethics requirement
Tuesday July 24, 2018
8:00 am–5:00 pm
Connection information will be provided via email a few days prior to the class date.
GRI 100: Ethics & Law (Webinar) - Jason Vaughn
Utilizing the REALTOR Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, the course examines your responsibilities to clients, to customers, to the public and to fellow real estate professionals. Procuring cause and the enforcement process in regards to arbitration and mediation when a violation occurs is discussed. The course also covers Pathways to Professionalism dealing with the public, property and your peers.
CE - 6 hours (3 law)
Code of Ethics Requirement
GRI - 8 hours
Broker - 8 hours
- 2 Agency
- 3 License Compliance
- 3 Elective
*This course meets NAR's ethics requirement for the 2017-2018 cycle. Cycles are now two years in duration with the next cycle beginning January 1, 2017 and ending on December 31, 2018. Upon completion of this course, students will need to provide a copy of their certificate to their primary local association to be recorded in NRDS.
WEBINAR STUDENT REQUIREMENTS
- Webinar students are required to follow the same KREC procedures and policies as a student attending a classroom session.
- The webinar policies and procedures are located here
- The class begins promptly at 8:00 am. The virtual classroom will be open at 7:30 am. Plan to login prior to class starting to ensure all required equipment is working properly.
- The virtual classroom closes at 8:10 am, following KREC rules. There will be 10 minute breaks every hour.
- Once registered, you will receive an email order confirmation. 1-2 days prior to the start of class you will receive an invite to attend the class, as well as login information, the procedures and policies handbook and student handouts.
- At the end of the session, as long as all requirements were followed. You will be emailed a link to access the evaluation and affidavit form. The email will be sent at 4:00 pm EST. To obtain full credit for the class, you must complete the affidavit and evaluation form by 5:30 pm EST
** Review the Webinar Procedures and Policies and the System requirements below to determine if this is the best option for you. If you are confused by any of the system requirements, please contact 1-888-799-9666 and select option 2 or go to this website (https://zoom.us/) and click on the chat button located on the bottom right hand corner.
Click here to view the course cancellation/transfer policy
WEBINAR SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card|
SUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEMS
- Mac OS X with MacOS 10.7 or later
- MacOS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) with limited functionality (Zoom version 3.6)
- Windows 7, 8 or 8.1, and 10
- Windows Vista with SP1 or later
- Windows XP with SP3 or later
- Ubuntu 12.04 or higher
- Mint 17.1 or higher
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 or higher
- Oracle Linux 6.4 or higher
- CentOS 6.4 or higher
- Fedora 21 or higher
- OpenSUSE 13.2 or higher
- ArchLinux (64-bit only)
SUPPORTED TABLET & MOBILE DEVICES
- Surface PRO 2 running Win 8.1
- Surface PRO 3 running Win 10
- iOS and Android devices
- Blackberry devices
- Windows: IE7+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari5+
- Mac: Safari5+, Firefox, Chrome
- Linux: Firefox, Chrome
PROCESSOR AND RAM REQUIREMENTS
- Processor: Single Core 1Ghz or Higher
- RAM: n/a
- Processor: Dual Core 2Ghz or Higher (i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent)
- RAM: 4Gb
Note: Linux requires a processor or graphics card that can support OpenGL 2.0 or higher
- For 1:1 video calling: 600kbps (up/down) for HQ video and 1.2 Mbps (up/down) for HD video
- For audio VoiP: 60-80kbps
Vaughn, a lawyer with Vaughn & Smith, PLLC in Louisville, serves as KYR's legal counsel and serves as the instructor for KYR’s professional standards training. His reviews come back overwhelmingly positive with attendees saying he worked through and clarified common issues they didn’t realize were ethics violations but also violations of the law. By focusing on real estate litigation, the firm has managed to create a practice niche that had previously never been filled. Many firms have offered litigation services to clients with real estate related issues, but only Vaughn & Smith, PLLC has specifically trained its litigation attorneys for this exact purpose. The attorneys at Vaughn & Smith, PLLC constantly monitor the real estate industry as a whole, as well as any and all changes in the law that may affect it. They have intimate knowledge of commercial and residential real estate transactions and can utilize this base of knowledge when representing their client's interests.
|Audit Early Bird||$59.00|
|Standard Registration Fee||$119.00|
You may cancel your registration online. Depending on the date you cancel, you may not receive a full refund and/or may incur a cancellation fee. See the table below for details.
|Cancel On or Before||Refund||Cancellation Fee|
|Cancellations are NOT allowed after 7/21/2018|
Exceptions to this policy due to extenuating circumstances may be made at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer. Please contact us if you need to cancel because of a special situation.
No downloads have been added for this class.