Looking to buy or sell?
How to Spot and Avoid Common Real Estate Scams from Credit Karma
The "Best Mortgage Lenders" - from Money.com
Getting Ready to Move?
Check out these links to help the process go smoothly:
Short Sale and Foreclosure Resources
In recent years, unprecedented job losses, market fluctuations, and economic uncertainty have caused a spike in the number of homeowners in foreclosure or in danger of becoming so. As more homeowners have fallen behind on their mortgages, many local markets have been flooded with distressed sale properties—short sales or actual foreclosures. Use the resources below to get more information on foreclosures and the process:
- Kentucky Homeownership Protection Center
- Unemployment Bridge Program
- The Basics: Short Sales & Foreclosures, NAR
- HUD: Avoiding Foreclosure
- Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP)
- Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives (HAFA)
- The Short Sale Workflow, NAR
Find a Home in Kentucky
Although Kentucky REALTORS® does not host a property listing service of its own, each REALTOR® you search in our association's member directory may have a website with links to their specific listings. You can also search each association/board's MLS by clicking on the name of the association below.
For commercial property listings, you may also consider visiting the website of the Kentucky Commercial Real Estate Alliance.
Local Association/Board MLS
Note: not all boards/associations have a public MLS
- ASHLAND AREA BOARD OF REALTORS®
- CENTRAL KENTUCKY ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
- EASTERN KENTUCKY ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
- GREATER LOUISVILLE ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
- GREATER OWENSBORO REALTOR® ASSOCIATION
- HENDERSON AUDUBON BOARD OF REALTORS®
- HOPKINSVILLE-CHRISTIAN & TODD COUNTY ASN OF REALTORS®
- KENTUCKY BARKLEY LAKES BOARD OF REALTORS®
- LEXINGTON-BLUEGRASS ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
- MADISONVILLE HOPKINS COUNTY BOARD OF REALTORS®
- MAYFIELD GRAVES COUNTY BOARD OF REALTORS®
- MURRAY CALLOWAY COUNTY BOARD OF REALTORS®
- NORTHERN KENTUCKY ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
- OLD KENTUCKY HOME BOARD OF REALTORS®
- PADUCAH BOARD OF REALTORS®
- PENNYRILE BOARD OF REALTORS®
- REALTOR® ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHERN KENTUCKY
- SOUTH CENTRAL KENTUCKY ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
- THE HEART OF KENTUCKY ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
Kentucky has two major military bases within its borders - Fort Knox and Fort Campbell.
Through BRAC (Base Realignment and Closure), the relocation of hundreds of active duty and civilian workers may affect these installations. Many soldiers will opt to reside off-post and, as such, those soldiers, who work extremely hard defending our country, need assurance their families are in good quality, affordable housing. There are several resources to help in these situations:
Local area real estate property owners and managers seeking to advertise their rental property in the military communities are encouraged to register with the Automated Housing Referral Network (AHRN). AHRN is a Department of Defense website that the Fort Knox Housing Office uses to provide housing to military members and their families. AHRN provides a listing of rental properties that are located within a 60 minutes radius of the military installation.
AHRN is free and easy to use. In addition, pre-approval is not a prerequisite to registering with AHRN. Also, it is not a requirement that real estate property owners and managers be affiliated with the military. Fort Knox is in need of all types of rental listings, including long-term, short-term, single-family, and temporary lodging. In order to register with AHRN, property owners and managers simply need to access the website at www.AHRN.com and follow the directions.
Military Housing Assistance through KHC
Military Housing Assistance is a program created by the 2007 Kentucky Legislature and Kentucky Housing Corporation. It is designed to aid military personnel during active duty deployment outside of the United States by providing assistance with housing costs and services. Military personnel who meet this qualification for assistance must also have listed Kentucky as their home state of record for military purposes. Learn more here.